Barring and online employee notification

Gambling providers and their employees can use Barring and Online Employee Notification (BOEN) to manage barring orders electronically.

People who work at hotels and clubs with gaming machines can also use BOEN to notify the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner of their employment status.

Login to BOEN

Bar someone using BOEN

You must bar someone if you feel they could suffer harm or cause harm to their family because of problem gambling. You can also bar a gambler if they request it.

Gambling venues must notify the IGA within seven days of barring someone from gambling or from refusing a request to bar someone.

How to notify of a venue barring using BOEN – user instructions 

A form to notify the barred person of the order is available through:

Venue administrators

You must register a venue administrator to manage your venue's BOEN account. We recommend you have at least two authorised administrators to cover you in case someone is sick or on leave.

Create a venue administrator - form 1G

You will need to scan and load the signed form into BOEN. 

Employee notification

Only venue administrators can notify of a new employee. Legally, you must have written permission to search for an employee in BOEN.

New employee declaration and consent – Form 21 

Notifying of a new employee using BOEN – user instructions

Forgot your password?

You can reset your BOEN password online and you will receive an email confirming the new password.

Print forms

Use the forms below if you are unable to access BOEN online. Post the completed forms to:

Independent Gambling Authority
PO Box 67
Rundle Mall SA 5000